Applying for Canadian Citizenship for child born in USA

If your child was born in the United States, they are automatically a U.S. citizen. However, if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, your child may also be eligible for Canadian citizenship.

To apply for Canadian citizenship for your child, you will need to complete an application for a grant of citizenship, which can be found on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. Along with the application, you will need to provide various supporting documents, including your child’s birth certificate, your Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status documents, and any other relevant documents.

In addition, your child must meet certain eligibility requirements, such as being a permanent resident of Canada and having lived in Canada for a certain period of time.

It’s important to note that the process for applying for Canadian citizenship for a child born outside of Canada can be complex, and it’s recommended that you seek the guidance of a qualified immigration lawyer or consultant to ensure that your application is complete and accurate. If you have any questions, please contact us at or 1-877-892-7778.

For inquiries or further assistance, please contact us using the information below.

Talk to us now at

Book a consultation fast and easy