Can I apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Canada if I am a Citizen or Resident of the United Kingdom?

Yes, if you are a citizen or resident of the United Kingdom, you may be eligible to apply for a working holiday visa in Canada under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program.

The IEC program allows young people (18-35 years old) from countries that have a bilateral agreement with Canada to work and travel in Canada for up to two years. The working holiday visa allows you to work in any job in Canada, while the other categories have specific job requirements.

To be eligible for the working holiday visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a citizen or resident of the United Kingdom
  • Be between 18 and 35 years old
  • Have a valid UK passport for the duration of your stay in Canada
  • Have a minimum of CAD $2,500 to support yourself upon arrival in Canada
  • Obtain health insurance for the duration of your stay in Canada
  • Pay the application fee

The IEC program has a limited number of spaces and operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so it’s important to apply as soon as possible. The application process is done online, and you will need to create an account with the Canadian government, complete an application, and provide supporting documents.

For inquiries or further assistance, please contact us using the information below.

Talk to us now at

Book a consultation fast and easy