Canadian Certificate of Citizenship Lawyers for Americans

Who is this blog for?

·           American residents seeking to obtain a certificate of citizenship in Canada.


Questions that this blog answers:

·      I live in the United States and my parents were born in Canada or carried       Canadian citizenship; can I also apply for citizenship in Canada?


If you are an American resident with Canadian heritage, then you may be able to apply for a certificate of citizenship in Canada. As you may be aware, Canadian immigration laws permit dual citizenship with the United States, and you may be able to obtain Canadian citizenship without losing your United States citizenship.


Generally, American residents who have biological parents that were born in Canada or acquired Canadian citizenship through naturalization before the birth of the American resident are entitled to apply for a certificate of citizenship in Canada. Further, those Americans residents who were adopted by a Canadian parent or parents may be entitled to apply for Canadian citizenship through this avenue.


Based upon current timelines impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic, a certificate of citizenship application may take in and around 1 year to be processed after filing. Due to lengthy processing times, it is imperative to ensure you file an accurate application, along with the correct supporting documentation. Incorrectly filed applications can result in a significant loss of time and money. Our lawyers at Falcon Law PC are experienced in working with certificate of citizenship applications for United States residents and can ensure that your certificate of citizenship application is appropriately filed the first time around. In addition to preparation and filing of the application itself, our lawyers can assist you with ongoing support and questions relating to your application for certificate of citizenship to Canada and responding to queries and document requests by the immigration authority while your application is in review.


If you reside in the United States and seek to use our certificate of citizenship services, you will not be required to travel to our office in Mississauga, Ontario. We are happy to serve you completely virtually.


If you are an American citizen and you require assistance with a certificate of citizenship application in Canada, then you may contact Falcon Law PC for an assessment of your case. Our team can be reached at or 1-877-892-7778.


Raz Toor, Lawyer


March 23, 2022

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on pocket
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

If you’ve got a website going or are thinking of starting one soon, let’s team up and make sure you’re protected on the internet.

Talk to us now at

Subscribe to our newsletter

Scroll to Top
Call Now ButtonCALL NOW