Dentistry Professional Corporations Lawyers
If you are a registered dentist in Ontario, then you are entitled to register your practice as a professional corporation. Professionals registered under Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 are entitled to register as professional corporations, including dentists.
To be a dentistry professional corporation in Ontario, you are required to register a corporation pursuant to the Business Corporations Act, 1990. Following which, you are required to seek approval of the corporation from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. During the corporation registration and application process, you must ensure to meet stringent requirements of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
To ensure compliance of your professional obligations, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario requires that your corporation is structured appropriately. For instance, the name of your professional corporation must include your last name, the term “dentistry”, and the term “professional corporation”.
Benefits of a dentistry professional corporation:
At Falcon Law PC, we can assist you with the registration and approval of your dentistry professional corporation. Having worked with many dentistry corporations, we are well versed with the requirements of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and can assist you in easily obtaining approval for your dentistry corporation.
Speak to one of our lawyers by booking a virtual meeting
If you are practicing dentist in Ontario, registering as a dentistry professional corporation is an option but not an obligation. Registering as a dentistry professional corporation is a commercial decision and depends upon the particular nature of your practice.
No, with a dentistry professional corporation you will remain personally liable for your professional obligations as a dentist.
You may be protected from the liability of non-professional business related activities.
You are required to maintain a minute book for any corporation in Ontario. A minute book is a virtual or physical book containing your corporate records, including, but not limited to, share certificates, ledgers, and resolutions.
Yes, certain family members may be shareholders in a dentistry professional corporation for tax planning purposes and as non-voting shareholders.
No, the only medical professional corporations which may be shareholders or directors in your dentistry professional corporation are other dentists registered with Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
What other services does Falcon Law PC provide to dentists and dentistry professional corporations?
- Business agreements review and negotiations.
- Dentistry business sale and purchase.
- Minute book management and corporate compliance.
- Employment and staffing matters.
- Click here to view the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario’s guidelines for the application for certificate of authorization for a professional corporation.
- Click here to view a copy of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario’s application for certificate of authorization for a professional corporation
Find out more about:
- Incorporating as a dentistry professional corporation.
- Dentistry professional corporation lawyers.
- Law firm for chiropractor professional corporation.
- Applying for a certificate of authorization for a dentistry professional corporation.
By calling for a free consultation or giving us an email
Legal Issues are complicated. Getting a good lawyer is simple.
Complete this form in one minute and get a response from our virtual team in 24 hours.