If you are owed money under a contract and the other party has failed to pay, a Toronto lawyer can assist you in a number of ways, including:
- Reviewing the contract: A lawyer can review the contract to determine your rights and obligations under the agreement.
- Demand letter: A lawyer can draft and send a demand letter to the other party, demanding payment and outlining the consequences of failing to pay.
- Negotiation: A lawyer can negotiate with the other party to try to reach a settlement or payment plan.
- Small claims court: If the amount owed is within the limit for small claims court, a lawyer can assist you in filing a claim and representing you in court.
- Collection proceedings: If the other party still refuses to pay, a lawyer can assist you in pursuing collection proceedings, such as garnishment of wages or bank accounts, or placing a lien on property.
- Bankruptcy proceedings: If the other party is insolvent, a lawyer can assist you in filing for bankruptcy proceedings to recover the debt.
Overall, a Toronto lawyer can help you navigate the legal process of recovering money owed under a contract, and work to ensure that you receive the payment you are entitled to under the agreement. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our lawyers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-892-7778.