To register a Nurse Professional Corporation in Ontario, you will need to follow these steps:
- Confirm your eligibility: To register a Nurse Professional Corporation in Ontario, you must be a registered nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). You must also meet the requirements set out in the Business Corporations Act and the regulations that apply to professional corporations.
- Choose a name for your corporation: The name of your corporation must include the words “Nurse Professional Corporation” or an abbreviation thereof. You can search for available business names using the Business Names Act online search tool.
- Complete the registration application: You will need to complete the Articles of Incorporation form, which can be obtained from the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services website. You will also need to submit a NUANS report, which is a name search report that shows that your chosen business name is available for use.
- Submit the application and pay the fee: You can submit your application online using the Ontario Business Information System (ONBIS). The current fee for registering a Nurse Professional Corporation is $450.
- Obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the CNO: Once your corporation is registered, you will need to obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the College of Nurses of Ontario. You will need to provide proof of your registration as a nurse, as well as a copy of your Articles of Incorporation and other relevant documents.
- Register for tax purposes: Finally, you will need to register your corporation for tax purposes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
It is important to note that the process of registering a Nurse Professional Corporation in Ontario can be complex and time-consuming. It is recommended that you consult with an experienced business lawyer who can guide you through the process and ensure that all requirements are met. If you would like to speak to our business lawyers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-892-7778.