To register a psychotherapist professional corporation in Ontario, you would need to follow these steps:
- Obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO): This is the first step in setting up a professional corporation in Ontario. To obtain a Certificate of Authorization, you must submit an application to the CRPO, along with supporting documentation and a fee. The CRPO will review your application and issue the certificate if you meet the requirements.
- Incorporate the professional corporation: You will need to incorporate the professional corporation with the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. This involves choosing a name for the corporation, filing Articles of Incorporation, and paying a fee.
- Obtain a Business Number and register for HST: You will need to obtain a Business Number from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and register for the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) if your corporation’s annual revenue exceeds the threshold.
- Open a corporate bank account: You will need to open a separate bank account for the professional corporation.
- Obtain insurance: You will need to obtain liability insurance to protect your corporation in case of any legal claims or disputes.
- Register with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB): If you have employees, you will need to register with the WSIB to provide workers’ compensation coverage.
It is important to note that the process of setting up a professional corporation can be complex and time-consuming. It is recommended to seek the advice of a lawyer or other professional to ensure that you follow all necessary steps and meet all requirements. If you have any questions you may contact our business lawyers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-892-7778.