What can I do if my employer fails to acommodate my maternity leave?

If your employer fails to accommodate your maternity leave, you may have legal options available to you. First, you should speak with your employer to explain your situation and discuss any accommodations you need. If your employer refuses to make the necessary accommodations, you may file a complaint with the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC). The OHRC is responsible for enforcing the Ontario Human Rights Code, which protects individuals from discrimination based on pregnancy, and requires employers to accommodate pregnancy-related needs.

If you are unable to resolve the issue with your employer, you may also consider speaking with a lawyer who specializes in employment law. An employment lawyer can review your situation and advise you on your legal options. This may include filing a complaint with the OHRC or pursuing legal action against your employer.

It is important to note that the law provides protections for pregnant employees, and employers are required to make reasonable accommodations to help employees manage their pregnancy and childbirth. If you feel that your employer has violated your rights, you should seek legal advice to protect your rights and interests. If you have any questions, please contact us at info@falconlawyers.ca or 1-877-892-7778.

For inquiries or further assistance, please contact us using the information below.

Talk to us now at

Book a consultation fast and easy